Product Developer & Selector
We are looking for a passionate, focused and articulate foodie to join our boutique food development and distribution company. We find innovative products for premium retailers and help manufacturers get their products onto retail shelves around the world. We are not brokers; we take ownership of the products and do the due diligence, specification management, formulation compliance, artwork reviews and even the logistics of moving our products around the world. The CTG culture is about achieving results and embracing challenges within a friendly team environment. We are currently seeking a passionate and creative Product Developer & Selector for this unique and hands-on role.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing, testing and/or developing food and beverage products for our retail customers. At times you will work to fulfill a very specific customer product brief and on other occasions you will be required to do gap-analysis and generate your own brief to fill.
- Prepare clear, visually appealing and overall stunning product presentations for our customers. We are looking for someone who can really blow our customers out of the water with the with the content, look and delivery of their presentations.
- Writing copy for in-store signage, new recipes, inserts and social media usage.
- Assisting with development work and documentation such as technical specifications, recipes, artwork briefs, and romance copy, as well as briefing new development in for design.
- Leading presentations to retail customers.
- Working closely with suppliers to understand their production capabilities for branded, private label or our own label development, and then facilitating food innovation and development within their existing resources.
- Conducting tasting sessions and documenting all findings.
A key component of the role will be to implement new concepts and products; so we are looking for someone creative…but also practical, self-motivated, driven, and team-oriented. The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A creative flair for food and new product development that can be commercialized in multiple international markets and within the development guidelines of both the customer and market.
- Previous experience within the food industry and the ability to look beyond current products.
- A talent for identifying emerging food trends and adapting them to customer requirements / markets.
- A trade background with the ability to think progressively about the food industry.
- An ability understand the needs of customers and a desire to over-deliver on solutions to them.
- Ability to source or develop creative solutions at specified price points in a timely manner.
- Ability to work equally well in a team environment or individually / remotely.
- Highly skilled in using Keynote, PowerPoint or other applications to generate visually stunning and clear presentations.
- A love for travel and a valid passport.
The wide scope and exposure that are inherent to this role make it ideal for someone wishing to maximize their full potential in a very visible and lasting way, within a growing and dynamic young company.
Additional desired (but not requirements):
- Retail experience as a Product Developer.
- Currently living in a progressive foodie capital such as NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, Austin or Charleston, to name a few.
- Comfortable with international travel.
- Being a significant contributor to company’s social media efforts.
Feel like you're up for the challenge and interested in speaking further? Contact us.